Sunday, May 18, 2008

Freedom is your own set of WHEELS!!



John worked hard the last two weeks and saved up all his quarters. He pooled his money with his birthday money and bought a bike!!! We then had to fid training wheels for it, which aren't the nicest but hopefully he won't have to where them too long - for you experienced bike training parents out there I'd be happy to have suggestions.

We figured out at the church parking lot that John was leaning out while turning and crashing every time. (he's learned to bail when the bike goes down as a result.) I showed him how to lean in on turns and we've has a lot less crashes. Any other tips, glad to here them.

No comments:

What do you do when you don't do school?

We don't do school.  We are un-schooling.  This is my next step in my journey.  I've come full circle.  Now my kids chose where ...